Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Indianapolis Zoo

In October my Hubby and I went to Indianapolis to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary. We had a blast! Our decision to go there was so we could go to the Zoo. Yep, we're that cool. All of our trips seem to be centered around zoos or aquariums. We also scheduled our honeymoon around the Zoo and Aquarium located in Chattanooga, TN (yes, it was fun) and the Ripley's Aquarium in Gatlinburg, TN (it was fun also but not as much fun as Chattanooga). And I'm hoping to be able to schedule a trip to Atlanta in August for Thirty One's National Conference, and you guessed it, we will be visiting the Atlanta, GA zoo and aquarium.

Now on to the beautiful pictures from Indy.  I am sure that you can figure out what my favorite parts of the zoos are!! Dolphins, Penguins, Gibbons, Elephants, Giraffes and anything baby!!!



 The dolphin adventure was exciting. Watching the trainers give them the cues and the dolphins obeying...for the most part... was one of the coolest things ever. Made me want to spend the money to get in the water with them...but that was going to cost just a few hundred more then we wanted to spend...

Watching Mamma and Baby elephant was really intriguing for me. I think Tony may have been bored after oh, the first 30 minutes, but I could have spent all day there. The baby was so adorable and I just wanted to jump the fence and walk beside/pet/play with that adorable little one... I'm such a sucker for animals...maybe I should have thought about going to school for something animal related...The other animal that I was totally intrigued with was Mamma and baby Giraffe... I am not sure which set of animals I watched the longest, although I think it was probably the elephants because we had to wait so long for the pumpkin smash...which was a treat in and of it's self... Obviously elephants like to eat pumpkins, and watching them smash them with one foot was pretty cool (and I'm not talking about small pumpkins, I'm talking about huge pumpkins that were wheeled in on a dolly).

Yes I know
<==== that is a rhino, not an elephant!





Gibbons may not be the cutest little monkeys, but in my opinion, they are probably the funnest to watch. I am amazed at how well they swing from branch to branch and care for their babies. While we were watching these little heathens we were able to witness a fight between a couple of the younger Gibbons (there were 4 or 5 Gibbon Children there)... The parent's (we assumed the father) took control and stopped the fighting after a while, assuring that his child was not going to get hurt... and then he turned around and started bouncing on one of the branches to try to separate the little monsters!


 And who can resist this Mamma Gibbon hugging her baby!!!


After the zoo Tony and I made sure we visited a wonderful restaurant while we were in Indy..Thanks for the recommendation Monica! If you ever go to a bigger city check out FOGO DE CHAO CHURRASCARIA ---- IT'S AMAZING!!! I CAN'T STRESS THAT ENOUGH!!!  Expensive, yes a little, but totally worth it...Just plan on spending $100 for 2 people if you go at dinner time...but I promise, you will never regret it!!! Not up to spending that much money, go for a lunch. It's definitely a restaurant for a special occasion and I would not recommend taking children. Check out their website Fogo De Chao and watch their video. (no, I am not getting paid to advertise for them...I just really enjoyed our dinner there :) ) <Chicago, Baltimore, DC, Atlanta, San Antonio, Dallas and Vegas are just a few of their locations>


1 comment:

  1. You guys are much cooler than us! We just went bowling for our 1-year anniversary! He even bought me a 5-point ring at the arcades, lol. Nice pics!!

    ReplyDelete